Friday, March 25, 2011

Art Interlude - "Tengu" by Til-Til

With a distinguishing tag reminiscent of features of past CTQ issues, I am going to start posting "art interludes" in between entries--just to keep you from getting too bored while I'm busy writing.

Also, there are many kinds of artists out there which seem to be acknowledged and appreciated less and less as we progress into newer ages. I, for one, am a patron of art--unfortunately, not one wealthy enough to sponsor genuine artists monetarily, but I do attempt to support good artists in any ways I can--and would like to see meritorious forms thrive.

With that said, I'll be posting (roughly once a week) pieces of art that I find inspiring and relevant to my writing along with directions toward the artists' other galleries and writing.

This week, I'd like to share with you a piece to foreshadow my next entry about an event I am still struggling to put into words. This piece is called "Tengu" by Til-Til at Deviant Art.


The expression on the girl's face reminds me of how I've missed my favourite companion. (The weapon in the picture also looks like the bokken Takamatsu gave me.) The smudgy look to the paper combined with the black ink bears resemblence to ancient Japanese scroll art. To enlarge this picture, and to see more art like it, simply click it to relocate to Til-Til's gallery.

I'm sure she appreciates comments as much as I do, so don't forget to let her know how much you like this picture.

Sincerely,

Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment