Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Tengu Friend

I thought that the tengu were an extinct species. I'm sure that most of them prefer us to think of them that way too. They are a sneaky, silent, stealthy, shadowy sort of creatures. I never even dreamed I'd meet one; but the tengu and I are quite good friends now.

I met him one day when I was walking in the forest alone. (Most tengu live in forests, especially mountainy forests...or foresty mountains.) The one I met is a karasu tengu named Takamatsu, one of the last surviving of his kind; cast out of another colony when he was younger, he now lives alone. He has a frightening outward appearance, with the the body of a human, but the face of a crow, and big black feathery wings.


He's promised to train me in the ways of the warrior, and many other things, and we have had many adventures since, all of which I will log in future entries.

Until then,

Rosemary

2 comments:

  1. he looks frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does get very frightening, when he is angry...
    So I try not to provoke him too much!

    ReplyDelete