Monday, January 17, 2011

Robots Need Love, Too

I have several exciting projects going on besides the one I mentioned in my last post, including three poems (one about "the big house," one about a witch with crystal eyes, and another about a riddle by Lewis Caroll), as well as a circus murder mystery (creepy!) which isn't going very well. The project I'm most excited about, however, is the one I just started--and I'm going to enter it into Crow Toes Quarterly's "Most Enormous, Metallic, Electric Short Story Contest Ever!"

The Narrator (<--click!) of CTQ is really into robots, but apparently, no one is sending in any robot stories, so he is holding a robot story contest. I wonder why robot stories are so scarce...I've never written a robot story before. I don't think I've ever even read one. But the CTQ staff's first pick gets published in The Eighteenth Issue and receives a collection of back issues, a one-year subscription to the e-zine, and 50 dollars!



All you have to do to enter is write a story between 1000 and 2000 words inspired by this illustration by Colin Moore (<--click!) and send it to the Staff Villain by April 22, 2011. I'm going to get to work right now.

This is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. It seems we shall be competing for the prize. Run the race worthy of receiving the prize and I'm sure we will have worthy competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise!
    I'm glad to have a fellow participant.

    ReplyDelete